Super Therm®; Environmentally Friendly Insulation
Super Therm® is truly a timely, Energy Star and environmentally-friendly insulation coating that addresses both insulation and fire protection with minimal effort in application labor, making it ideal for a wider market use. The uses for Super Therm® are numerous and only limited by one’s imagination.
- 95% heat blocked
- VOC rating 67 grams/litre – Low
- Blocks 99.5% of BTU – No Heat Load
- Non toxic and no offgassing
- Water based and water soluble
- Reduced demands on KW and power by 40%
- 20 year lifespan (slight reduction of efficiency over time)
- Safe for rainwater catchment
- Can be used around food preparation facilities
- Prevents mould and mildew
- No fire spread
- EPA (US) endorsed
- Outstanding savings for business and residential
- Helps companies reach ISO 14000 standards
KW savings = Actual Dollar Savings
Save 39% in utility costs
Did you know a 6° reduction in the thermostat produces a 39% reduction in utility costs. Con Edison
Super Therm® has proven itself by the thousands of successful worldwide applications since 1989. In today’s environmentally focused climate Super Therm® insulation ceramic coating has proven to be the only truly sustainable and successful solution extensively tested!
- See Super Therm®‘s outstanding test results
- Super Therm® and bulk fibreglass insulation
- Super Therm® and other reflective paints
With the rising cost of energy being one of the biggest concerns for businesses today, traditional bulk insulation such as fibreglass or rock wool which work on a resistance factor to slow the penetration of heat. The downside is that they retain heat and over time loose insulation value when moisture is present. Super Therm® reflects 95% of the heat and it doesn’t lose any value when moisture is present or it’s dirty.
Better for the environment
The big initiative towards reducing the demands on energy consumption and fossil fuels means that Super Therm® demands a reduction on energy consumption as well as pollution from the energy generation and global warming. Australia is pushing towards Zero
By using the advanced technologies of NEOtech Coatings and Super Therm® to cover your roof or walls means that business cover much more of their costs. The coating will provide insulation, corrosion control, toxic material encapsulation and chemically resistant coatings for many applications.
The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency – USA) has recognised the environmental benefits of Super Therm® for reducing energy consumption and resulting pollution from energy consumption.
Insulate oil and gas storage tanks to prevent heat build-up and evaporation. In the US, the EPA has found that 25% of our air pollution is generated from gas fume emission. Also, the present epoxy coatings being used to coat these tanks will only last approximately 4-5 years before cracking and peeling; the labor cost and precautions involved are expensive.
California Cool Roof Program
Super Therm®, unique properties, especially its ability to keep surfaces cool even in extreme temperatures, enabled the coating to pass muster in the California “COOL ROOF” engineering research program with the highest marks.
Results from the COOL ROOF program:
- Ultraviolet radiation (UV) = 99.5% blocked
- Infrared radiation (IR) = 95.5% blocked
- Visible radiation (VIS) = 92.2% blocked
Eco-Friendly Insulation Solution
Super Therm® is Energy Star qualified as a 20 year roof coating.
In the USA, about $40 billion annually to air condition buildings – sixth of all electricity generated in the country.
- Energy Star qualified roof products reflect more of the sun’s rays. This can lower roof surface temperature by up to 37.7°c, decreasing the amount of heat transferred into a building.
- Energy Star qualified roof products can help reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and can reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15 percent.
- Although there are inherent benefits in the use of reflective roofing, before selecting a roofing product based on expected energy savings consumers should explore the expected calculated results that can be found on the Department of Energy’s “Roof Savings Calculator” website at www.roofcalc.com.
- Please remember the Energy Savings that can be achieved with reflective roofing is highly dependent on facility design, insulation used, climatic conditions, building location, and building envelope efficiency.
Products and coatings can help buildings meet program requirements
Metal roofs have long been popular with architects for their dramatic appearance and long-term performance characteristics, particularly their low maintenance costs and durability. With the concept of sustainability now being widely embraced by the architectural community, metal roofs are being seen in a new light.
Metal roofing can contribute significantly to the sustainable building movement. Their high recycled content, total recyclability and energy efficiency allow “cool metal roofs” to qualify for points in the Energy Star and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System programs. More
Better for employees comfort
Reflecting 95% of the (99% UV, 92% Visual Light and 99.5% Infra Red) means that heat from that light is prevented from entering the building, the level of comfort is therefore ambient and not radiant based. This heat load prevention on roofs and walls greatly reduces temperature and therefore electricity bill savings through reduced KW power use.
There are minimal demands on heating and cooling systems which will cost businesses more over time. A 6° reduction in the thermostat produces a 39% reduction in utility costs Con Edison.
Employee working conditions are greatly improved. Large warehouses and trucking firms have benefited where they need to improve employee conditions by lowering heat means less employee heat stress related illnesses, sick leave, workers compensation claims and turnover costs. This also works for animals in agriculture.
Due to this unique reflective insulation property, you can maintain the interior temperature in a building at the human comfort level during summer. However Super Therm® with fibreglass insulation is a powerful combination. This, in turn, will cut down the energy costs associated with heating and air-conditioning drastically. This benefit is more pronounced with old buildings, especially those which do not have space or structure to allow room for fibreglass insulation. After applying Super Therm®, some old buildings have seen their electric consumption cut down by almost 80%.
Super Therm® has been thoroughly tested and proven and is used by many corporations and applied to millions of m2 around the world since it was first introduced in 1989. It has continued its long lasting proven success for over 30 years and the benefits, environmental rewards and sustainable results are unmatched.