Moist Metal Grip
The ideal protection in harsh environments
Moist Metal Grip is a two-part (2 component), touch adherent, epoxy coating which produces a hard, yet flexible coating film designed for application on dry or wet surfaces for protection against corrosion and chemicals. Moist Metal Grip was developed to be applied to metal surfaces that cannot be dry enough to use Rust Grip®
It can be applied by spray, brush or roller, even while the surface is wet to force the coating into the surface pores, to replace the moisture or water, and to lock down and prevent the combination of moisture and air to allow corrosion to exist or continue. It demonstrates excellent chemical and solvent resistance when utilised in harsh atmospheres, and will also provide outstanding water and humidity resistance.
Moist Metal Grip is ideally suited for surfaces that will be submerged or subjected to constant water pooling or condensation.
This coating will adhere tenaciously to a variety of substrates, such as carbon steel (phosphated or non-phosphated), wood and concrete. These products can be utilised in DTM (direct-to-metal) applications, with excellent success, as they have been fortified with a very efficient, non-toxic, rust inhibitive pigment.
Enamo Grip® can be applied as the top coat to stop condensation and is available in clear, white, and custom colours.
Moist Metal Grip is resistant to water, solvents and humidity. To apply, remove algae and residues from wet surfaces, then apply Moist Metal Grip directly to the surface, with firm pressure to force the coating into pores. Moist Metal Grip can be applied directly over flash or surface rust without loss of adhesion.
Moist Metal Grip is EU certified for potable water usage and approved by European standards. Approved for indoor use in water storage tanks (American Water Works Association). It is tested to withstand temperatures up to 176°C (350°F) and for 450 hours of salt spray exposure.
- Fast Acting: Submergible after only 48 hours of cure time; will finish curing while submerged.
- Durable: Acid and chemical resistant.
- Versatile: Can be applied to steel, aluminium, wood and concrete.
- Easy to Apply: Semi-self-leveling formula with a smooth finish that can be tinted to any colour. Can be applied directly to a wet surface using spray, roller or brush.
- Very resistant to splashes and spills of acids and solvents.
- Very resistant to impact.
- Can withstand subsea pressures for pipelines along the seabed
- Useful life of 10-20 years in the most aggressive environments.
- Can be applied over existing PRE coatings that are firmly adhered to the substrate.
- Withstands temperatures up to 176°C.
- Withstands traffic, ideal for floor application.
- As a one-coating system for metal that is moist, in high humidity or submerged surfaces
- As a one-coating system to encapsulate existing rusted surfaces
- As a one-coating system to protect metal with condensation issues
- As a one-coating system to line tanks
- As the only protective coating against corrosion in buried pipes. As an internal lining for drinking water tanks
- Very good acid and good alkali resistance
- As a metal or concrete floor covering
- As a primer before Enamo Grip is applied
Moist Metal Grip can be applied to metal, as well as concrete or masonry substrates. The coating can be applied by spray, brush or roller. For specific instructions on surface preparation, mixing and application, please refer to the SPI’s application instructions for Moist Metal Grip.