Super Therm® applied to a cathedral roof home in Kapunda, South Australia
Residential Florida Solar Heat Block Coatings Test – Department of Energy
On February 10th & 11th, 2003 a test was conducted on Super Therm® Solar Heat Block Coating, applied to a residential home roofing system located in Dade County, Florida in accordance with the State of Florida Energy Office / Energy Conservation Assistance Programs Designation: ECAP-CUL-1-99.
As installed, at the time of this testing, the Super Therm® Roof Coating System proved to be an effective Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) that produced a reasonable simple pay back of approximately 2.2 years on this particular project. This would indicate that it’s application could be fundable with Federal and / or State of Florida Energy Grant Dollars where applicable. Note: Results may vary in different conditions and locations.
Test of Super Therm® on a residential home. Great outcomes included:
- Pay back of approximately 2.2 years in power savings
- Savings from Super Therm® ceramic coating: 133,100 BTU’s per hour
- Super Therm® reduced total Roof Solar Gain Loads by 20 to 30%.
Reduces energy and maintenance costs while increasing comfort in buildings
- Reduces energy costs and increases comfort by coating roofing and interior/exterior walls to keep heat in during winter or heat out during the summer.
- Protects concrete swimming pool decks to provide a cool surface.
- Reduces fuel consumption and improves performance and comfort of motor homes.
- Reduces risk of condensation on cold water pipes and of resulting mold and mildew.
- Protects air conditioning unit outer casings to prevent reductions in efficiency from heat build up inside the housing.
- Provides a fire-resistant coating for substrates. Super Therm® has a “0” fire and smoke spread and will not contribute to flame spread.
Imagine an exterior paint that saves you money. It’s true. It’s called Super Therm® and this ceramic coating has the consistency of a thicker paint, which repels 95% of heat by deflecting three radiation sources from the sun–ultraviolet, visual light and infra red rays.
Super Therm® creates an envelope of heat protection on the outside of a home, translating to not only a cooler house, but saving between 40 to 60 percent on your next power bill. Ron Randazzo has seen 50% reduction on his total utility bill and this includes running his pool and other electrical outlets. Read article – pdf | Read More >
- Cabling: Super Therm®
- Concrete: SP Interlock
- Fire: Omega Fire, Super Therm®
- Heat Transmission: Super Therm®, HSC®
- Plumbing: Super Therm®, HSC®
- Roofing: Super Therm®, Rust Grip®
- Masonry repairs: SP Interlock
- Moisture / Condensation: Airflow needed: Super Therm®