Super Therm®; Environmentally Friendly Thermal Heat Block Coating
Super Therm® is truly a timely, Energy Star and environmentally-friendly solar heat block coating that addresses both stopping heat and fire protection with minimal effort in application labor, making it ideal for a wider market use. The uses for Super Therm® are numerous and only limited by one’s imagination.
- 96.1% total solar reflectance
- VOC rating 67 grams/litre – Low
- Blocks 99.5% of BTU – No Heat Load
- Non toxic and no offgassing
- Water based and water soluble
- Reduced demands on KW and power by 20-50% DOE tested
- Over 20 year lifespan (slight reduction of efficiency over time)
- Safe for rainwater catchment
- Can be used around food preparation facilities
- Prevents mould and mildew
- No fire spread
- EPA (US) endorsed
- Outstanding benefits for business and residential
- Helps companies reach ISO 14000 standards
KW reduction = Actual Dollars in Your Pocket
39% reduction in utility costs
Did you know a 6° reduction in the thermostat produces a 39% reduction in utility costs. Con Edison
Super Therm® has proven itself by the thousands of successful worldwide applications since 1989. In today’s environmentally focused climate Super Therm® solar heat block ceramic coating has proven to be the only truly sustainable and successful solution extensively tested!
With the rising cost of energy being one of the biggest concerns for businesses today, traditional bulk insulation such as fibreglass or rock wool which work on a resistance factor to slow the penetration of heat. The downside is that they retain heat and over time loose insulation value when moisture is present. Super Therm® reflects 95% of the heat and it doesn’t lose any value when moisture is present or it’s dirty.
Better for the environment – EPA Approved
The big initiative towards reducing the demands on energy consumption and fossil fuels means that Super Therm® demands a reduction on energy consumption as well as pollution from the energy generation and global warming. Australia is pushing towards Zero
By using the advanced technologies of NEOtech Coatings and Super Therm® to cover your roof or walls means that business cover much more of their costs. The coating will provide solar heat block, corrosion control, toxic material encapsulation and chemically resistant coatings for many applications and not landfill.
The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency – USA) has recognised the environmental benefits of Super Therm® for reducing energy consumption and resulting pollution from energy consumption.
Insulate oil and gas storage tanks to prevent heat build-up and evaporation. In the US, the EPA has found that 25% of our air pollution is generated from gas fume emission. Also, the present epoxy coatings being used to coat these tanks will only last approximately 4-5 years before cracking and peeling; the labor cost and precautions involved are expensive.
California Cool Roof Program
Super Therm®, unique properties, especially its ability to keep surfaces cool even in extreme temperatures, enabled the coating to pass muster in the California “COOL ROOF” engineering research program with the highest marks.
Results from the COOL ROOF program:
- Ultraviolet radiation (UV) = 99.5% blocked
- Infrared radiation (IR) = 95.5% blocked
- Visible radiation (VIS) = 92.2% blocked
Eco-Friendly Solar Heat Block Solution
Super Therm® is Energy Star qualified as a 20 year roof coating.
In the USA, about $40 billion annually to air condition buildings – sixth of all electricity generated in the country.
- Energy Star qualified roof products reflect more of the sun’s rays. This can lower roof surface temperature by up to 37.7°c, decreasing the amount of heat transferred into a building.
- Energy Star qualified roof products can help reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and can reduce peak cooling demand by 10-15 percent.
- Although there are inherent benefits in the use of reflective roofing, before selecting a roofing product based on expected energy reduction consumers should explore the expected calculated results that can be found at “Roof Savings Calculator“.
- Please remember the energy reduction that can be achieved with reflective roofing is highly dependent on facility design, insulation used, climatic conditions, building location, and building envelope efficiency.
Products and coatings can help buildings meet program requirements
Metal roofs have long been popular with architects for their dramatic appearance and long-term performance characteristics, particularly their low maintenance costs and durability. With the concept of sustainability now being widely embraced by the architectural community, metal roofs are being seen in a new light.
Metal roofing can contribute significantly to the sustainable building movement. Their high recycled content, total recyclability and energy efficiency allow “cool metal roofs” to qualify for points in the Energy Star and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System programs. More