Super Therm® blocks 96.1% (TSR) of solar heat and reduces up to 20-50% (Industry tested) in energy use; the global solar heat block coating solution for over 30 years
With a Total Solar Reflectance of 96.1…stop the heat, get cool and reduce costs!
Technical Data Sheet (pdf) • Application (pdf) • Safety Data Sheet (pdf) • Roof Calculator • SPI Coatings
There are a variety of products from NEOtech Coatings in the Agriculture industry that deal with many and various situations.
Super Therm® and our other coatings can effectively solve issues with:
- Chicken. Poultry & Broiler Sheds
- Packing Sheds
- Horse Stables and more
- Abattoirs and Stockyards
Super Therm® has many cost-reducing, profit-enhancing agricultural benefits. Testing has shown the use of Super Therm® on farm and poultry houses greatly lowers inside temperature and humidity levels, which reduces the death-rate of livestock (due to heat stress) by up to 75%. Cooler farm house temperatures allow for regular feed consumption by livestock, which helps to increase average livestock weight and profits.
Condensation and moisture inside a farm house quickly deteriorate existing insulation materials, and can be a breeding ground for disease. Super Therm® eliminates condensation, helping to prevent outbreaks of coccidiosis and enteritis. Super Therm® on houses and cold water pipes will eliminate condensation and moisture, extending the life of existing materials and preventing loss of livestock.
Use of Super Therm® on Bin Feeders also prevents condensation and moisture contamination of the feed, resulting in less feed waste and better nutrition.
Due to the specialist natures of agriculture, each situation needs to be assessed before any recommendations can be made regarding the use of our coatings systems. Please contact us if you have a specific need or requirement for your business.
Improve your livestock comfort and health while reducing energy and maintenance costs
- Reduces heat stress and increases livestock profitability by applying to all animal shelters, especially poultry, cattle, pigs, and horses
- Protects goods by insulating long haul trailers designed to carry perishables
- Reduces heat stress during animal transportation by applying to trailers
- Reduces energy costs and increases comfort by coating roofing and interior/exterior walls to keep heat out during the summer
- Reduces risk of condensation on cold water pipes and watering tanks
- Provides a fire-resistant coating for substrates. Super Therm® has a “0” fire and smoke spread and will not contribute to flame spread
- Insulates freezers or refrigeration units to reduce costs and product loss
Cool Roof: The Cooler the Roofs, the Cooler the Cattle
Today’s dairy producers work extremely hard at optimising the conditions in which their herds are housed. Realising that keeping cattle cool means less heat stress, improved milk production and higher birth weight during calving season, producers spend a lot of money on fans, misters and extra ventilation. Unfortunately, a hot metal roof can be one of the main culprits of excessive heat. Of course, a metal roof keeps the sun’s rays off the cattle, but when you can literally cook an egg on the roof’s hot surface, that heat transfers down to the livestock. Optimising ways to keep your cattle cool is important in the dairy industry (source).
Super Therm® on Poultry Houses
- Fact: Reduced attic temperature by 16.7°c (30° F) – Benefit: Death rate of chickens dropped by 75%
- Fact: Chickens were heavier at the end of growth season – Benefit: more case value per bird
- Fact: Current insulation materials become loaded with moisture form condensation and must be replaced every 5 years. Super Therm® eliminated condensation and will perform for 20 years without concern for reinsulation – Benefit: Reduces the cost of reinsulation 4 times over 20 years of the life of the house, insulation materials and labour savings. Example
Super Therm® at a Piggery
Situation and problem definition: Like all intensive bio industry in warm climates, this pig farm is affected by heat problems. The constant influence of sun radiation on the roof tops and the heat generated by the pigs themselves causes a heat build-up inside the stables. This heat build-up causes a lot of stress on the pigs and is using a lot of energy for cooling.
Advice: Apply Super Therm® on the roof to reflect 95% of the sun radiation (IR, UV and visible light) to reduce the heat build-up underneath the roof.
Conclusion: After application, all treated surfaces are smooth and protected for at least 10 years and the heat build-up is reduced drastically with up to 15°C. Air conditioning and ventilation is using far less energy and the pigs are not influenced by heat stress anymore.
Source: www.sc2trading.com – Netherlands
Inglewood Organic Chicken Farms
“On a very hot day, we commenced coating 600m2 of shed roofs with Super Therm®. Within minutes, chickens came in from the free range area, contentedly lying feather to feather in the now cool area of the shed. We then applied Super Therm® to the shipping container we use for incubation, substantially reducing heat stroke casualties and eliminating the need for air conditioning. Super Therm® has provided a dramatic improvement to our overall productivity”
Clive Wylie – Managing Director, Inglewood Organic Chickens Farms, Queensland
Feilke Piggery, Loxton, South Australia
A pig farmer in Loxton, South Australia was having major challenges with his pigs managing the heat. They were laying flat on the concrete to keep as cool as possible. As Super Therm® was being applied, the pigs started to stand up and stay upright as the radiant heat was removed by Super Therm‘s ceramic insulation shield coating blocking 95% of the heat.
- Roof and 2 walls / Veterinary shed area covered 150m2
- Uncoated roof 60°C – Walls 42°C – Time 11am
- Super Therm® applied finished 1 pm
- Temperature roof 29°C – Walls 29°C fridges started to cycle
- Internal temperature 28°C
“Super Therm® reduced the roof temperature of our Veterinary Feed Sheds from 60°C to 29°C, creating an internal temperature of just 28°C. Super Therm® was then applied to the roof of the piggery. Sows in the piggery went form keeping cool by lying flat out on the sty floor, to being on their feed immediately after Super Therm® was applied.”
Rob Feilke – Manager, Feilke Piggery, Loxton.
Wayne Wurst, Loxton Egg Production, South Australia
A roof and 2 walls of an egg grading and fridge area were coated after the Super Therm® application at the Loxton piggery.
The company also had a light rigid truck that is used to transport eggs. A small car air conditioner is used to keep the interior cool. The company needed to load eggs before 6 am as the vehicle is parked in the sun and the trip to Adelaide is 3 hours. The air conditioner could not keep up, therefore causing damage to the stock of eggs.
The whole truck was coated with Super Therm®, parked out in the sun and could then be loaded anytime. When the doors were opened the interior was cool – no problems after the application of Super Therm®
Wet Cold Pipes
- Corrosion – Moist Metal Grip
- Condensation – Super Therm® to be applied for condensation
- SP Interlock – 2 to 3 coats
- Rust Grip® – 2 coats
- Enamo Grip – Colour and other combinations coats if applicable
Roofing and Ceilings
- Corrosion – Rust Grip®
- Energy Reduction – HSC, HPC, Super Therm®
- Galvanised Roofing – Super Therm®, Hot Surface Coating