Australian Paint Standards for External White Paint and Super Therm
NEOtech Coatings undertook an initiative to create a new thermal insulation coating standard in Australia. Currently there is no standard for thermal insulation coatings or heat reflective paints.
If you’re to look at page 5 of the standard in Australia for exterior water based paints they only require 48 months for peeling, cracking and flaking.
We have a field test for over 30 years with no change in appearance – still bright white with no tears, cracks, flaking, lifting, separating, or loss of adhesion in coating film – Kansas field trial.
We don’t have the thermal coating standards yet and if the criterial is just 4 years under AP-S0280-3 exterior walls we can meet that standard.
Other testing we’ve undertaken which are mostly ASTM tests relating to adhesion:
- UV & Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM 5894): 5000 hours – no signs of blistering
- USDA Approved: Food Safety and Inspection Service Approval
- Adhesion ASTM (D4541): 191psi (13.37 bar) @ 250 microns dry (10 mils) – Result is rated over 480km (300 mph) wind force
- Perm Rating (ASTM D1653-13): 250 microns/0.25mm = 8 perms; 300 microns/0.30mm = 4 perms
- Abrasion Resistance (ASTM D4060): 3,000 cycles
- Resistance to Salt Spray (ASTM B117): 450 hours
- Resistance to Wind Driven Rain (ASTM D6904): Conforms to the requirements
- Resistance to Hydrostatic Pressure (ASTM D7088): Does not exhibit any blistering or adhesion loss
- Flexibility (ASTM E1737): 180 degree bend – passed
These tests are found on this page: https://neotechcoatings.com/super-therm-testing-and-results/
We offer a 20 year warranty for no peeling, flaking and cracking with a certified applicator.